The papers of the Oberlin Public Schools consist of High School Annuals (1902-28), graduation programs (1870s) , and names and addresses, 1915-16, 1921-22, 1931-46; Junior High Council, c. 1930; Pleasant School PTA, 1954-70; and other records, 1927-51.
Older records, 1843-72, include pupil enumerations, teachers and district clerk reports, bonding certificates, teachers certificates, superintendents and board minutes and reports, correspondence, bids, deeds for school lots, certificates and bills for payment, school voting records and petitions, school house and school funds, tuition receipts, and financial records. Papers from 1850-60 are largely concerning Russia Township; after 1860 they are mainly Oberlin related. One folder of non-school papers relates to Russia Township school officers, c. 1850-65. Evident is John M. Langston as Russia Township Clerk, 1857-59, and Board of Education member in Oberlin, 1860-71. Records concerning South Main St. Union School (Westervelt Hall) begin 1872.